For some years, if patients or their families have wished to make a donation or bequest to the Practice, these gifts have been paid into The Surgery Fund.
This fund is used, at the discretion of the Partners, to purchase medical equipment, textbooks, waiting room and consulting room furniture, aids which can be made available for loan to patients and other items which can help the work of Doctors, Nurses and District Nurses.
We are extremely grateful for the generous gifts we have received in the past and examples of equipment purchased in recent years include:
- Wall mounted rechargeable ophthalmoscopes in consulting rooms
- Finger pulse oximeters
- Portable ECG machines for use in emergency bags
- New chairs for patient use in doctor’s rooms
- The automated check in system at Holbrook
- A Doppler machine for use with patients who have leg ulcers
- Textbooks on District Nursing, Neck and Back Care, Rheumatology, Gynaecology and Minor Surgery
If you wish to make a donation, please make a cheque payable to:
- Holbrook and Shotley Practice and send it to The Practice Manager, Holbrook Surgery, The Street, Holbrook, Ipswich, IP9 2QS